Sunday, January 29, 2006

Honestly

Tonight we went to Roy's a Hawaiian fusion restaurant downtown (fusion = expensive) for Auntie Janice's surprise retirement dinner.

I had the distinct pleasure of being seated between my two youngest cousins, Anne (pronounced "Annie") and her older sister, Nina. As I presided over the festivities that constitute five- and three-year-old dining, I was privy to some interesting conversations. I can't remember the funniest, and without access to my black blogging notepad, I was at the mercy of my fickle memory. Here's a short discussion on the perils of prepubescent make-up use:

Nina: Anne had lipstick all over her face today; she looked like she had a rash on her face.
JT: Really? Who did that to her?
Nina: She did it to herself.
JT: So you watched her put lipstick all over? Why didn't you stop her?
Nina: Because I wanted to see Mommy yell at her.

Oscar Wilde once observed that "a little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."


Nina (age 5) on the left, and Anne (3) on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how cute!!!

did u like roy's? cuz i liked it! yah. it is a bit expensive..