Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Student Profile 4

You've already been introduced to Kevin, of spectacularly gianormous earlobe fame. He had an exchange today with another non-student of mine, Brandon. How was I privy to this delightful conversation? The usual homework time teacher was late, and I was asked to substitute until she arrived. Reluctant to relinquish rest and relaxation to monitor the rowdy rabble, I reservedly relented, and was richly recompensed by this rather ribald (yet relatively restrained) repartee:

Brandon: [Some clever insult that has unfortunately escaped me.]
Kevin: You're lame.
Brandon: Kevin, come back to me when you have some better come backs.
Kevin: You're two years older than me, so I don't think this competition is fair. Well, you're a girl, so maybe it is fair.
Brandon: Kevin, that's crossing the line. Kimberly is going to punish you for that.
Kevin: Oh, cry me a river.
Brandon: You don't know this, but I CAN cry a river!
Kevin: Ok, let's see it. Cry me a river!

[At Kevin's bidding, Brandon does a fabulous Z-snap using four snaps (snap, snap, snap, snap!), but in the serpentine shape of an S, in lieu of the more traditional Z, with its hard, angular frame.]

No comments: