Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It cuts both ways

Here's a recent conversation I had with a teenage friend, whose identity I promised to conceal (so as to avoid making him and/or his acquaintances appear more deranged than necessary).

[At left is a photograph I took of myself this past winter while en route to Hong Kong with Danny. I decided to take advantage of my longer hair to try out the emo look. I guess I really should have been donning a black band T instead of this white V-neck undershirt.]







Teenage Friend: my friend cuts -_-
Tomato JT: oh no. why?
Teenage Friend: because she's depressed
Tomato JT: i always worry that students I care about will start harming themselves
Tomato JT: [notice i'm not as invested in students i dislike. they can cut. it's ok]
Teenage Friend: she was going to ask me to sadie's dance
Teenage Friend: by cutitng onto her arm, "sadies?"
Tomato JT: um...that is freaky.
Teenage Friend: that's SUCH A BIG WORD to cut onto your arm
Tomato JT: that's just INVITING someone to reject you.
Teenage Friend: i would've said yes.
Teenage Friend: i think if anyone's willing to do that for you, that's something special.
Teenage Friend: even though it is slightly wierd.
Tomato JT: "yes, i'd love to dance the night away with a girl who's blood is all over my clothes."
Tomato JT: "your emotional instability is a big turn on, and the creepiness/originality of your proposal method is a definite plus as well"
Tomato JT: what would you say to that?!?
Tomato JT: "i have a thing for girls who self mutilate"
Tomato JT: i am trying to imagine all the responses that one could give.
Tomato JT: they all sound CRAZY.
Teenage Friend: i can tell
Teenage Friend: hahaha
Teenage Friend: i should carve out "no"
Teenage Friend: wouldn't that be ironic?
Tomato JT: um. and equally weird
Tomato JT: she should ask you to prom
Tomato JT: it's shorter
Teenage Friend: LOL
Teenage Friend: HAHAHA
Tomato JT: imagine if she asked you to HOMECOMING
Tomato JT: omg: the carnage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember I couldn't stop laughing when you said "Homecoming" :D